A-kon 16 is coming up fast! June 3-5
With many exciting panels and guests, it's the best excuse to brave Dallas' hellish summers evar! I'll be there with an artist's table in the Komik Market. So, drop by and say 'hi'!
Beginning April 23 and ending the second week of June (Friday, June 10), I will be accepting entries to this contest! Prizes include Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 (the Naruto fighting game for Game Cube*), a character CG commission and print by me, or the contestant's choice of three (3) Graphic Novels**
So, now with all the good stuff out of the way, here are the rules!
- First, go to Seventh Sanctum's Super Ninja Generator.
- Choose one of the randomly generated descriptions that appeal to you.
- Draw, sculpt, animate, cosplay, build (it's up to you!) a depiction of that character!
- Contact me with a link to a picture of your creation and the generated description before the deadline. IT IS IMPORTANT TO SAVE THAT DESCRIPTION! Entries without one will not be accepted.
Pieces will be judged PRIMARILY on how accurately they depict and incorporate all of the generated description. Secondly, they will be judged on ORIGINALITY. Finally, they will be judged on artistic merit (style, anatomy, form, composition... etc.) I stress this last point so as to make everyone feel welcome to participate. Your artistic ability isn't as important as your ability to follow the description and be original with it. Most importantly, I want people to have FUN and not have to worry about some 'better artist' beating them out of the competition.
The contest will be judged by a panel including myself, telophase , and the creator of the generator Steven Savage.
I would also like people to spread the word about this if you can! If I only get a handful of entries, obviously it's really not worth all of our effort to run this. If I receive more than twenty entries, I will also include a year's subscription to DA for the prize pool!
Best of luck! I hope to see some entries soon.
*Special mod disc to read the import game not included. Game is used but in 'like new' condition.
**Subject to availability and age rating.
- "What is the entry limit? Is there one?" No, there is no entry limit. Enter as many times as you like. Remember that quantity does not equal quality, but it's always great seeing people's interpretations of these descriptions!
- "Do you allow collaborations?" Yes. You can collaborate with as many people as you like. In the case that you win with that collaboration piece, you'll have to decide how to divvy up the prize. We will not provide multiple prizes for one entry.
- "I can't scan in my entry. Do you have any suggestions?" Indeed I do. Resorting to photographing your entry with a digital camera will result in a very poor-quality image in many cases. I recommend going to a commercial printer's like Kinko's, Office Max, or any place that can scan your image and load it onto digital media for you. Many places that do photo processing can do this now. It's not too expensive, but certainly less expensive than buying a new scanner.
GO TO THE WEBSITE TO SEE THE ENTRIES
Much thanks to Seventh Sanctum for donating the webspace.
Theme: Bling Bling
Instructions: You choose the character. I urbanize them!
Congrats to sir-REI for winning my last kiriban! Thanks for all the hits. I'm so honored.
To claim the kiriban, supply a full screenshot including the counter and your computer clock for verification. If the exact number of the kiriban isn't hit, I'll take the closest posted hit after. If there are mutliple claims, the first is accepted. (Due to a trend of kiriban hunters--not that I don't appreciate it, because I you all, but I'm going to have to make a new rule of 'no repeat customers'.) Sorry about that ^^ I think it'll be more fair to others, though. Still, good luck!